Membership Plans and Payment Options
How much does Pianopal cost?
PianoPal is offered via a premium subscription plan that grants you access to the following perks:
- More than 100 premium songs offered exclusively via the premium plan (and more added daily)
- Unlimited storage for your recordings
- No ads
How do I subscribe to Pianopal?
Download PianoPal from our App Store page. You will be prompted to select a subscription period; monthly, yearly or lifetime plan. After you've made your selection, you may need to verify your iTunes credentials to complete the transaction.
How do I manage my subscription plans?
You can manage your subscription through iTunes. See the link for the step by step guide: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202039
How do I cancel my subscription plan?
To unsubscribe, simply turn-off the auto renewing subscription through iTunes. See the link for the step by step guide: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202039.
You will be unsubscribed after your current subscription period has expired. We will continue to grant you the benefits of VIP until the end of your subscription period.
When will my plan automatically renew?
Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of current period. You can easily cancel at anytime. There are no contracts or hidden cancelation fees.
Why can’t I start a free trial or purchase an All Access Pass with my iTunes Gift Card?
Apple policy requires you to have a minimum balance equal to the cost of the initial purchase plus 1 renewal period on your iTunes Gift Card in order to purchase a premium plan.
Can I use PianoPal from multiple devices?
PianoPal is currently only available on iPad devices. Simply make sure to log in with the same account credentials - email. Please do not forget to log out on the previous devices to make sure your progress is transferred.
Why Facebook login is not working?
If your Facebook log in gives you error "This email is already registered" then you have already registered to PianoPal with the email address you also use for Facebook.
PianoPal is compatible with iOS 7.1 or later.
Piano Sound Recognition Issues
1) Your background music could be too loud. If you are using speakers, make sure that those are not too loud. Alternatively you can use headphones.
2) Turn off any effects on your keyboard. Any effect will affect the recognition, please use as clear signal as you can to get the best recognition.
3) You microphone input could not be too low. Please check that your microphone input is high enough.
4) Make sure your instrument is in tune.
I'm getting error "Cannot Connect to the Internet"
Please make sure that your internet connection is working. See the link for the step by step guide: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT202639
Chords are not being recognized, although my piano is in tune
Here's a few tips that you could try to improve the acceptance rate of the chords:
1) Make sure you are playing all the correct notes and only those
2) Make sure all the piano keys make sound properly; Often times people damp one or more of the piano keys without noticing it or then one of the keys is not playing clearly.
3) Lower the background music. If you have the volume level of the device set high this can cause some errors on the recognition. Please lower the volume to approx. 60% or test playing with headphones. In case the tips above did not help, please contact our support so we can take a closer look to your data to see what could cause this on your device.
Setting Up Microphone on iOS
In order to enable microphone on iOS (iPhone, iPad) go to home screen -> Settings -> Privacy -> Microphone.
You’ll see a list of applications that have requested access to the microphone. Find PianoPal and enable it by tapping on the slider (so the slider shows green).
If I have an electrical keyboard, can I plug it in?
At the moment, PianoPal does not support plug in instruments. Simply use the built in microphone to interact with the app.